Are you ready to take a trip to BeerCity USA?
After nationwide polls in 2012 and 2013, Grand Rapids was named BeerCity USA for two years running! Here are a few reasons why this Michigan town’s craft beer community is so special:
- According to RateBeer.com, Founder’s Brewing Co. is the third best brewery in the world, and it serves one of the planet’s top 10 beers.
- RateBeer also designated Hopcat (right) as the top brewpub in the nation and the #3 beer bar on Earth.
- Brewery Vivant was one of Midwest Living‘s top 25 new places in 2012.
- The Street listed Grand Rapids as one of the top 10 Best Vacation Cities for Beer Lovers.
- More than a dozen craft breweries are located in the metro region, and new ones are popping up all the time!
Oh, and there’s more than just beer.
Grand Rapids offers visitors a huge variety of things to see and do, like world-renowned art, museums and historic sites for cultural vacationers. Enjoy some time outdoors at beautiful golf courses and beaches. Plus, Grand Rapids offers tempting farm-to-table restaurants for foodies and wholesome fun for families.
It’s no wonder Grand Rapids and Michigan’s Gold Coast was named the #1 Place To Visit in 2014 by Lonely Planet.
And if you just want to soak in the Great Lakes State vibe, visit one of the best downtowns in the Midwest.