GrogTag orders for labeling your conference beers have now closed. Below is the information that was originally posted for your reference.
We have once again teamed up with GrogTags to provide keg labeling tags for conference attendees, sponsors, breweries and speakers at the National Homebrewers Conference.
If you are bringing beer for the 2015 National Homebrewers Conference, you need to ensure your beer is well labeled so the Cellar Crew can cellar the beer and deliver it to the proper location.
Below is information for the different areas of the conference where beer is served and information on how you should label your beers. Each keg or case sent to the conference must have its own label.
Please allow two weeks for printing and mailing between the time you fill out the online system and receive your tags.
- If you fill out the system by Wednesday, May 20, your estimated deliver date will be by Friday, May 29.
- Final cutoff will be Wednesday, May 27, with an estimated delivery date by Friday, June 5.
If for some reason you have not filled out the system by May 27, you will need to get blank tags onsite at the Town & Country in San Diego. The blank tags will be located at the back cellar docks near the Royal Palms Tower. Access is located off of Fashion Valley Road, through the guard stand and near the underground parking garage.
REGISTERING YOUR BEERS
- Go to the website to begin the order process and click the “Start New Order” button.
- Choose the tag for the corresponding event that you are sending beer for and click the “add” icon.
- Labeling tags are available for the following events:
- Club Night
- Homebrew Expo
- Brews Up Social Club
- Welcome Reception
- Fill out the information on the left side of form and choose your club, company or name from the drop down menu.
- The system will add the information you typed to the tag and automatically populate some other information.
- *If you do not see your club, company or name listed on the drop down menu, use the “not listed” choice and manually enter your information.
- Once the information for the tag is filled out, choose “Add to Cart & Continue Shopping” to add additional tags to your order or “Checkout” to finalize your order.
- *Note: If you are sending multiple kegs or cases of the same beer, you will be able to enter a quantity during the shipping screen. You don’t need to fill out the form multiple times for the same beer.
- Continue to add a tag for EVERY DIFFERENT BEER being sent for the conference and EVERY EVENT for which you are sending beer.
- *If you are sending a beer to be served at BOTH Social Club and Club Night, the keg or cases need to have BOTH tags on it. Go through the process of registering each beer for both events and the attach both labels to beer.
- Choose the checkout option when you have filled out a tag for every beer. On this screen you will be able to update the quantities for each tag as well as enter the address where the tags will be shipped to. Then click review order.
- Review all information and then click the “Complete This Order” button.
- Your tags are now ordered and will be shipped according to the above schedule.
WHERE TO APPLY THE KEG TAGS
For those that received the GrogTags for your kegs, please wrap the label around the handle of your keg. Do not stick them on the side of your keg. If placing them on case boxes, please put them on one side of each case.
RETURNING BEER TO THE CELLAR
Once beer leaves the cellar, it becomes the responsibility of the owner and cannot be stored back in the cellar. Beer may only return to the cellar for one of two reasons.
1. The beer was used for Thursday or Friday Brews Up Social Club and is needed for the Club Night as well. 2. The beer was used at Club Night and is needed for a Saturday Brews Up Social Club shift.
Any beer left in the cellar after 12:00 am on Sunday, June 14, 2015 becomes the property of the American Homebrewers Association unless arrangements are made with the AHA Beer Services staff.