Stay tuned for 2015 conference information!
The AHA National Homebrewers Conference is a fun, educational gathering designed to enhance homebrewers’ brewing skills and knowledge and increase homebrewing camaraderie. Special seminars and events cater to beer enthusiasts and amateur brewers of every level.
The 2014 conference took place in Grand Rapids, Mich., at DeVos Place, June 12-14. The 2015 conference will be held in San Diego, Calif. (with more details forthcoming).
Conference registration opened in early 2014. Due to the high interest in homebrewing nationwide, the conference and host hotel have experienced a quick sell out in the past. Please use caution when booking travel plans. The AHA recommends waiting until your conference registration is confirmed before scheduling major travel plans.
It’s our goal to have the conference be a reflection of the inspiring green efforts of our sponsoring companies, member breweries and what are members already doing in their own homes.
The following is an overview of the National Homebrewers Conference sustainability efforts:
- Minimizing waste in the Homebrew Expo is crucial to greening the event.
- Exhibitors have been asked to make a commitment to sustainability (and provided resources to do so) and have a pack-in, pack-out mentality.
- Collection bins are available during set-up and tear-down to recycle cardboard, plastics (including shrink wrap) and the like.
- Whenever possible, Freeman Exhibit Services will reuse materials, including carpeting and pallets.
- The Amway Hotel and the DeVos Place coordinates landfill diversion efforts during set-up and tear-down, as well as manages recovery on the docks to direct materials to various waste management centers.
- All products at the DeVos Place are served on recyclable or compostable plates, bowls, napkins and cutlery.
- Compostable cups provided by sponsor Eco-Products are available throughout all areas, including the Homebrew Expo, the Welcome Reception, Club Night and seminars.
- Please use your commemorative glass provided by sponsor High Gravity Homebrewing & Winemaking Supplies whenever possible!
Landfill Diversion and You
- Attendees are encouraged to put recycling, compost and waste in their proper place. Dispose of the following in bins throughout the venue:
- Recycle Bin: Cardboard, paper, hard plastics #1-#6, aluminum cans, bottles
- Compost Bin: Food scraps, soiled paper and cardboard, paper plates, napkins, compostable utensils and cups
- Trash: Wrappers, Styrofoam, plastic
Let’s make the conference a Green Event!
American Homebrewers Association
The American Homebrewers Association has worked on behalf of the homebrewing community since 1978 and celebrates a membership of more than 43,000 homebrewers and beer enthusiasts. The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) also publishes Zymurgy magazine. The AHA is division of the Brewers Association, based out of Boulder, CO. Join the AHA today and follow the AHA’s Facebook and Twitter!